Thursday, June 4, 2009

Request: Touch not the plumbing and ventiliation systems

Another note from Karen:

Hola greenhousers,

Thanks for a good kick-off to the season. It's awesome having so many people around getting excited about growing things. And I think we have a record number of gardeners this year!

Some housekeeping notes:

1. We have a leaky valve on the pump, and as such shut it down for the day until the plumber returns to fix it. I filled up a few jugs of water and the watering cans and left them in the greenhouse. If that runs out, come get me at NRI with the empties. Water should be online again shortly and I will let you know.

2. Someone was in the greenhouse after I left last night at 10 p.m. and before I returned at 8 a.m. and unplugged the heating mats in the mini-greenhouse. I plug these in at night because we still have some seeds germinating, and the temperature sometimes reaches zero. I've done so for the past three weeks with absolutely no problems. I know the person thought they were being helpful, as they coiled them on the wall.

However, DO NOT CHANGE ANY ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING OR VENTILATION SYSTEMS WITHOUT CLEARING IT WITH OPERATIONS. My number and Rob's number remain clearly marked by the door if there's a problem.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment